This indicator gives a sum of the total excess volume of water on the playable area. This is useful to get a general idea of how much water still needs to be managed in a rainfall event. Water is considered to be in excess when a grid cell has a water depth of greater than 0.1m. The target is to eliminate all excess water from the project area.
Before use the grid number of the max surface value grid needs to be updated in the excel sheet.
- In your project, add a Water Overlay with a SURFACE_LAST_VALUE result type.
- Using the query tool, find the ID of the grid (overlay) created in step 1.
- In excel, in the indicator’s excel file, enter the grid ID in cell B5.
- In excel, in the indicator’s excel file, select the entirety of rows 9 and 10.
- In excel, switch to the “Formulas” tab at the top of the excel window, and then select the option “Create from selection” (in the “defined names” block).
- By default, only the option for “Top row” should be selected. Select “OK”.
- Save the file, and upload it in your project as an indicator.