The Density indicators exists of three indices which define density in an area. These are:
- FSI – Floor Space Index or Floor Area Ration; which gives information about the intensity of the buildings in relation to the open space. The higher the index is, the more buildings and/or floors there are.
- GSI – Ground Space Index; which gives information about the relation between built and open space. The lower the index is, the more open space there is in the area.
- OSR – Open Space Ration; which gives information about the spaciousness and pressure on the open space. An high FSI ensures a low OSR. The higher the OSR is, the more open space there is.
This indicator is useful for projects where for example:
- density analysis is an important aspect of the project
- a new neighborhood is designed
For more information about the calculation method and how to configure your project, please read the manual.